Translate

Thursday 4 September 2014

Bara means Bread


Morning Bara (that's bread in Welsh see) Don't mind if I calls you Bara does you? What a start to your stay in Wales eh. The sun is shining for ew mun. Listen, I was thinkin last night about where you should go while you is ere like. Al I can ear is that Kathryn Kenkins banging on about the Gar innit. Its called the Gowa round ere. Full of posh folk with chickens and lamas. When we was kids we used to save a sixpence each week and put it in a pot so we could get a bus to Porthcawl. The ole estate would go mun and we'd ave sanwiches on the beach and maybe ave a go on the rides. It aint coney island but you'd love it.They does lovely faggots and peas at the dirty duck they do0. Listen, ave you been to Llanelli yet? There was rumours of cruise ships comin ere see so you might meet another American. Like most towns in Wales it as ad its istory stripped and all its community places closed down. Even the Eisteddfod was called Sir Gar. I was born and bred ere like and I can tell you the people are wonderful. Theyve ad it tough too mind. No industry left now, not many jobs. The council ruined the town and sold off community assets. We wont ave a playin field left soon. I digress again innit. You must go see Charlie and Meg's ouse in Pembrokeshire. It is lush like but the council is goin to pull it down see. Anything 21st century and completely eco friendly is a breach of planning. Ave you seen some of the stuff theyve put up recently? I am sure youll be directed to Dylan's place in Laugharne. You won't be the first president mind. Jimmy Peanuts came a while back. Still ave the photo of im and me eatin cockles together. I'll get some cockles in just in case. Does you like vinegar and pepper on yours? If you get asked to meet a chief exec keep you ands in you pockets, light fingers and all that. Is that the time, I gotta go play dominoes down the social. Listen, ave a great time and opefully we'll bump into each other down the respite care centre for the elderly. Oh bugger, that's closed too, I forgot. Never mind, lets meet at Porthcawl and ave a laugh together. Tara for now Like

No comments: