Translate

Saturday 30 March 2013

THE SWING IS BACK

The swing has returned to the lives of our boys. We have had a swing at every home we have owned apart from the last one, which did not have so much as swing but nasty bees. The oak tree in the garden is perfect for the new addition and the boys are already out and enjoying it. 

The new course starts next week and I am looking forward to meeting the new students. We are as usual based at Montessori Centre Wales and the wonderful location along the river in St Clears. 

Baby Theia is continuing to develop and is sitting up and making loads more sounds. I still have a few more rooms to paint in the home. I am also sorting out all my images and picture frames for the walls. There is only so much one can do in a day. 

Got my book back from Amazon today. Looking forward to a good read. Richard Gerver is the author of Creating Tomorrows Schools Today. He also turned around the fortunes of Grangetown school through a hot management programme. Anyone in teaching should read the book. 

Recently judged the Easter Bonnet competition at the Ty a Fi Cylch Meithrin St Clears. What a task. The bonnets were fantastic. So much hard work must have gone into each one. The children looked wonderful. It looked like the whole community of children had turned out. Great disco, hot dogs, tea, pop, sweets and of course Easter eggs. A massive thank you and congratulations to the organisers, the Cylch committee. Great to chat and meet with friends too. Thank you for inviting me and I look forward to the next event.

The next relaxation project is to transform the riverbank at the bottom of the garden from a derelict and overgrown heap to a lovely flowing tribute to Feng Shui. It is easy in my head but my back might be a different matter. 

Reading some interesting blogs including more legal action for libel from a bunch of sharks who call themselves solicitors. My advice is IGNORE them because they have nothing but bullying tactics in their favour. I speak from experience of someone who beat them many times. 

Another relaxation project is also underway and I am hoping that people will send me their unwanted Cd's and DVD's as long as they have images or colour on the discs. You can post them through the door at the Mezzanine, St Clears, next to the Santa Clara pub.